Technical Committee on Haptics
Welcome to the home page of the IEEE Technical Committee on Haptics (TCH).
The multidisciplinary international haptics research community has enjoyed a healthy and steady growth in recent years. The IEEE Technical Committee on Haptics (TCH) was founded under the IEEE Robotics and Automation Society (RAS) and the Computer Society (CS) in 2006 and 2007, respectively. In 2006 it was awarded by the RAS as the “Most Active Technical Committee”, and in 2011, the TCH became solely sponsored by RAS (http://www.ieee-ras.org/haptics), with the status of Special Technical Community under CS.
TCH will again offer in 2015, as it did in 2009, 2011 and 2013, the successful TCH student exchange program for fostering interdisciplinary research, with two exchanges supported. In addition, the TCH Early Career Award will be awarded again in 2015, as it was in 2009, 2011 and 2013. All TCH members are invited to participate in these activities.
Our website and mailing list offers an up to date source of information on events, publications, contacts of relevant people and industries in the field to all haptics professionals and researchers.
The goals of the IEEE Technical Committee on Haptics are to integrate the diverse interests of the highly interdisciplinary haptics research community and to improve communication among the different fields.
The TCH serves to coordinate the scheduling of major haptics conferences, facilitate special sessions and workshops, promote journal issues and book publications, support student programs, organize focused events, and contribute towards the IEEE Transactions on Haptics.
Membership in the IEEE TC on Haptics is easy and open to all individuals interested in haptics research at a professional level. There are no membership fees and IEEE membership is not required to join. Visit the IEEE TC Haptics website at http://www.worldhaptics.org for more information, details about joining, conference announcements, and much more. Membership in TCH now exceeds 600. We hope you will join us!
Dangxiao Wang, Chair
Katherine J. Kuchenbecker, Co-Chair
Miguel A. Otaduy, Co-Chair
- Special issue on "Active Touch Sensing in Robots, Humans and Other Animals." Deadline for submission, April 1, 2015. Download the call for papers (pdf)
- The election process for the New IEEE TC on Haptics Chair has been completed. Dr. Dangxiao Wang is the new TCH Chair. You can find the details of the election process at this page.
- List of Haptic Companies has been collected and made availble [page]
- Opening for IEEE TCH Student Exchange Program for Cross-Disciplinary Fertilization [page]
- The TCH Technical Area Overview Report is available for downloaded from here . The document provides an overview of development of research in haptics in the next 10 years.