SYMPOSIUM ON HAPTIC INTERFACES
FOR VIRTUAL ENVIRONMENT AND
March 18-20, 2005
|In cooperation with
IEEE Computer Society
vgtc - IEEE Visualization & Graphics Technical Committee
The Conference is over.
The organizers wish to thank the Haptic Community for thir contribution to forwarding the science and the technology relating to Touch.
A few data concerning attendance and submissions are now available (link) .
We look forward to next WorldHaptics in 2007, in Japan!
After a series of successful conferences and events separately organized in the U.S. and Europe, the Symposium on Haptic Interfaces for Virtual Environments and Teleoperator Systems and the EuroHaptics Conference will be held jointly for the first time in 2005 in Pisa, Italy.
This is a great chance to create a truly global community in haptics, capable of answering the challenges, and grab the opportunities, offered by the growing demand of better interfaces to remote and virtual environments.
Call for papers
As in the recent past, the Haptics Symposium will be closely linked to the IEEE Virtual Reality Conference. In 2005, IEEE VR will be held in Bonn, on March 13-16. There are direct connection flights from Bonn to Pisa, by which attendees to IEEE VR can reach the WHC venue conveniently on March 17.
- Oral Presentations (Single Track)
- Poster Sessions
- Hands-On Demos
- Industrial Exhibit
- November 15, 2004: Deadline for Long and Short Manuscript Submission
- December 19, 2005: Notification of Acceptance
- January 9, 2005: Final Manuscript Submission
- January 15, 2005: Deadline for Poster and Hands-On Demo Submission
- February 15, 2005: Notification of Acceptance for Posters and Demos
- February 15, 2005: Arrangement of Industrial Exhibits (please contact the organizers directly)
Haptic interfaces are devices that allow human-machine interaction through force and touch. The conference will address all aspects related to such interaction - from the basic scientific underpinnings, to the technological developments, to the different realizations and applications.
Accordingly, papers will be accepted in three main areas:
- Science of Haptic Perception
- Technology of Haptic Interfaces
- Applications of Haptic Interfaces and Teleoperation Systems
The International Program Committee will organize the review of manuscripts according to such area subdivision.
However, in the interest of multidisciplinarity and cross-fertilization, presentations will be given in a single track.
Antonio Bicchi & Massimo Bergamasco
WorldHaptics General Chairs