World Haptics Conference 2011 Submission
Over the years, the number of submissions to the haptic conferences and hence the volume, expense, and potential for waste of paper proceedings have increased significantly, while their utility has gone down with other media now available. To minimize registration fees, the attendees of WHC 2011 (as in IEEE HS 2010) will receive a digital proceedings on a USB memory stick and a digest booklet (no paper proceedings). You will find all the accepted papers and accompanying videos on the USB digital proceedings. The Digest is a lightweight conference guide, with a 100-word abstract and an image for every accepted paper and demo, as well as the conference front matter and the program.
Submissions are sought in the following categories:
All technical papers are peer-reviewed and then accepted for oral/poster presentation or rejected. Papers accepted for World Haptics 2011 will be assigned by the Conference Editorial Board to either oral or poster presentation based on their reviews and the requirement to have a representative and cohesive program. Authors can also submit a video supplement with their paper. Papers and videos will appear both in the USB memory stick and will be posted on IEEE Xplore. The papers must be in English and not exceed six (6) pages in length (a separate abstract of 100 words and an image are required during the final submission for the paper digest booklet).
- Initial Paper Submission Deadline: January 17, 2011 (midnight Pacific Daylight Time. Please note that the deadline is firm, and there will be no extensions)
- Notification of Paper Acceptance by: March 01, 2011
- Final Paper Submission Deadline: March 31, 2011(note: a separate abstract of 100 words (download template) and an image (1.5x1.5 inches; higher than 300 DPI) are required for the paper digest booklet during the final submission)
- Deadline for Best Student Paper Nomination: April 1, 2011 (please complete the form and submit it (PDF) through the Paper plaza)
- We are using the IEEE Computer Society templates to format papers. Please use one of the following two templates:
- LaTeX format
- MS Word format
More information about VGTC Conference templates can be found at:
- Video Submission: Videos should not use special codecs (coders/decoders) in order to provide as much portability across platforms as possible.We strongly recommend the most common media formats (mpeg 1 or mpeg 4). Only freely available players (e.g., QuickTime, RealPlayer, Microsoft Windows Media Player, MPlayer) should be required for viewing the video. Although the paper has to be self-contained (i.e., fully readable and understandable independently from the video), an explicit reference to the accompanying video should be present in the text of the paper.
- Poster Presentation: The authors are encouraged to prepare ISO A0 size posters (841 mm x 1189 mm or 33.1 in × 46.8 in) in portrait orientation. If you use the following MS Power Point template in ppt or pptx format, it will produce a poster of this size that will easily fit into the poster board.
To submit the poster teaser, authors should download this template
- Modify this one page slide template (please limit your teaser to 1 page).
- Name the file "posterteaser_
.ppt" (use your assigned paper number)
- E-mail it to Prof. Volkan Patoglu, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The conference highly encourages demonstrations of all kinds. Demonstrations must be free of commercial content; companies wishing to showcase products should apply for exhibitor status. The conference will provide basic infrastructure for the demos, which by default will consist of a posterboard, table, two chairs, and electrical connections. Please contact Conference Secretariat (DEKON) describing any special needs beyond the basic setup.
- Final Demonstration Abstract Submission Date: April 4, 2011, midnight Pacific Daylight Time (note: an abstract of 100 words and an image are required during the final submission for the digest booklet). Please do NOT use the Paper Plaza to submit your demonstration abstract. Please submit your demonstration abstract (see the template), to Prof. Volkan Patoglu, (email@example.com) by the given deadline.
World Haptics is the best chance to present your organization's products or developments related to haptic interfaces, sensors/actuators, robotics, simulation environments, and virtual reality. Please contact Conference Secretariat (DEKON) by April 4, 2011 to exhibit.