2017 TCH Early Career Award
Dear Members of the Technical Committee on Haptics,
It is our pleasure to announce the 2017 'TCH Early Career Award'. With this award TCH wants to recognize outstanding contributions to the area of haptics by members of our community who are in the earlier stages of their career.
All members of TCH who are within 10 years of receiving their doctoral degree by 1/1/2017 and are in an untenured position are eligible for the award. Applications are by nomination only; no self-nominations will be entertained.
The deadline for nominations is 20th April, 2017. The information required includes:
(1) Letter of reference of nominator highlighting suitability of nominee (2 pages max) [Download template].
(2) Brief biographical sketch of the applicant (4 pages max). [Download template]
Templates for these two documents may be downloaded from the links above. The selection of the awardee will be carried out by an independent committee of experts in the area of haptics. The process will focus on the visible impact on and major accomplishments in the area of haptics by the nominee.
The collection of the nominations will take place ONLY through the TCH Website by filling a dedicated webform that will allow to upload the two documents. The form is available for the members at this webpage. (you should log in using your TCH account)
Nominations will be handled by the Vice Chair of Awards and Public Relations.
Previous Early Career Award Recipients were:
- 2015: Dr. Ki-Uk Kyung from the Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI) in Korea
- 2013: Dr. Sliman Bensmaia from the University of Chicago in the USA
- 2011: Dr. Seungmoon Choi from Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH) in Korea
- 2009: Dr. Allison Okamura from the Johns Hopkins University in the USA
Please do not hesitate to get in contact in case of additional questions.
With best regards,
Suvranu De (Vice Chair of Awards and Public Relations)
Dangxiao Wang (TCH Chair)