Procedure to elect the new Chair of the IEEE Technical Committee on Haptics (TCH) from September 2017 to August 2020
1. Issue a call for nomination: TCH Members will be invited to submit nominations online at the TCH website. Self-nominations will be accepted. To become a member of TCH, please click on the following link, alternatively you can login here. Members can nominate a candidate by uploading here their biographices and position statement in. This step is due July 15, 2017.
2. Select 2-3 final candidates: The election committee will aim to select the top 2 to 3 candidates
3. Vote for the candidates: The candidates' bios and position statements will be posted online by July 18. TCH members will vote for only one of the candidates on the TCH website. Alternatively, to ensure that a popular candidate is not eliminated in the nomination process, the voters will be able to write-in a new candidate. The votation will be open in the period July 18-30,2017 (for registered users and members).
5. Announcement of the new chair/co-chairs (due August 15, 2017): the candidate who receives most votes from the TCH membership will become the next TC chair. The new chair will select two co-chairs. It is suggested that the chair and co-chairs be from different continents
- Dangxiao Wang, Beihang University (BUAA)
- Marcia O'Malley, Rice University
- Antonio Frisoli, Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna
Election Process implementation by Emanuele Ruffaldi, Scuola Superiore S.Anna, Pisa. Contact for issues