Introduction to the workshop
Recent years have witnessed accelerated research on tactile displays based on surface haptics where the objective is to stimulate fingertips directly from the contact with a smooth, transparent surface.
Owing to their numerous applications, this type of tactile display has attracted considerable attention from academia and industry and the like.
This workshop addresses the science and the engineering of such displays, beginning with a discussion of the latest results in the neurophysiology of touch, continuing with advanced notions in the biotribology of fingertips, skin mechanics and mechano‐transduction, tactile perception and finishing with the physics and
engineering of surface displays
List of speakers
- Johan Wessberg, University of Gotenberg, Sweden
- Michael Adams, University of Birmingham, UK
- Jean‐Louis Thonnard, Université Catholique de Louvain, Belgium
- Vincent Hayward, Université Pierre et Marie Curie, France
- Betty Semail, Université Lille I, France